As the evenings start to cool off, we tend to get lots of questions about when to overseed in Arizona. Here a few tips:
• Don’t overseed too soon
• Wait until at least 3 consecutive nights of temperatures in the 60’s
• Don’t cut your grass all the way to the dirt
• Before you put the seed down, make sure your irrigation system is fully functioning (or call us for an irrigation tune-up for only $25!)
• Once the seed is down, keep it wet until it germinates (we suggest several times a day for 5-7 minutes each)
• By week 3 or 4, you should start to see new grass, which means you can cut back the watering to every other day for 10 to 12 minutes a cycle.
• Maintaining the new grass is just as important as getting the seed down correctly, let us know if you need any help.
Landscaping by Andre has been providing service to Valley home owners and businesses for over 50 years, feel free to call us to schedule a consultant to discuss your overseeding needs, (480) 483-8088.